TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is the Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd website ("Website") which is owned by Nathan Bickerdyke, a sole trader located in England registered office at Tewkesbury, GL20 7SF.
We offer a core service of 'chauffeured travel', which is broken down into four areas of business, Wedding chauffeur hire, Travel & Custom chauffeur hire (Airport transfers, seaport transfers, Special Occasions, Proms, Sporting Events, School Transport), Long term driver only services and Luggage & consignment transport. These are defined as our services and our website goes into further detail about each of our services.
By using this Website you acknowledge that you have read and you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions found herein.
Nothing in our terms and conditions affects the customer's statutory rights.
Any images or content of this site are property of Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd and protected by protect my work. Images that have not been produced by Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd, but are permitted for use have been provided by wix.com or canvas.com of which we have a licenced subscription for use. No images of content from this site is to be used by any third party for any purposes except where prior consent has been obtained from Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd.
PERFORMANCE OF SERVICE:
We aim to perform our service to the highest of standards. Please contact us if you have any complaints or concerns about the level of service you have received from your Chauffeur.
Our chauffeurs are licensed private hire drivers and have a high standard of experience in driving.
Our chauffeurs will be dressed smartly at all times, unless otherwise instructed by the customer.
Our Chauffeurs will use their judgment to drive at speeds within the legal limit and what are considered suitable to the prevailing road type and conditions, the customer should not ask them to exceed speed limits.
Our chauffeurs review and pre-plan their routes in advance of the pickup and use in-car Satellite Navigation systems with live traffic updates. In some instances, where a traffic delay is known in advance, recommendations may be made to depart earlier than scheduled to avoid lengthy delays. Our chauffeurs may use any route to a destination that in their opinion is the best and most convenient route, whether or not it is actually the shortest route.
We will, where requested, advise customers of recommended pickup times based on knowledge of routes and expected traffic. But it will remain the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they have allowed themselves sufficient time to reach their destination by the expected time.
Whilst our Chauffeurs will take every precaution to arrive at the destination on time, we are not responsible for loss or inconvenience from delays and prolonged journeys due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. traffic, adverse weather conditions etc)
Our chauffeurs understand that our customers should travel without disturbance, and will take every precaution to ensure that mobile phones, Satellite navigation systems and any other electrical devices are on silent.
Our chauffeurs will turn off the in-car radio, other less instructed otherwise by the customer.
Our driver will endeavour to drop passengers door to door. However, there are some occasions where the driver may not be able to get directly to the door due to road restrictions such as double red lines or event road closures. In these instances the driver will drop off and/or greet passengers as close as possible to the venue or designation entrance. Where collecting or dropping off at festivals the driver will drop off or pick up at the events designated pick up/drop off point. It is the passengers responsibility to ensure that they leave sufficient time to make their way to the designated pickup/drop off point for the requested pickup time.
For every airport transfer, our chauffeurs provide a meet & greet service. To assist with this our chauffeurs require inbound flight information for any transport to UK based airports. This is to enable our chauffeurs to track the flight and factor in any delays to limit any additional parking charges. Where our customers are travelling first class from Heathrow we will provide the vehicle registration and driver information for the arrival suite where necessary. On the customer's arrival at the airport, if no prior arrangement has been made, you can contact the chauffeur who will meet you and assist you to the nearby vehicle.
Our chauffeurs reserve the right to refuse entry to our vehicles to anyone who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour poses a threat to the safety of the driver, the vehicle or other passengers within the vehicle. We further reserve the right to terminate any journey due to unreasonable or improper behaviour by any passenger.
PRICE OF SERVICE:
The price for the services is as set out in the booking, subject to amendment in accordance with this agreement.
A fixed price for services has been agreed based on the itinerary provided, changes to the itinerary will result in additional charges. In particular, this may be increased by an amount in accordance with our standard hourly rate and/or mileage tariff at the relevant time for any delay or increase in the agreed hire period in the following circumstances:
Any delay caused by the customer or any passenger for any reason.
Any delay caused by severe traffic, congestion, accidents, weather conditions or any other cause outside our reasonable control.
Airport collection delays, where flight delay information has only been reported after the chauffeur has set out on their journey to the airport.
Any amount due from delays will be added to, and form part of the price.
Any amendment to the itinerary not previously agreed or quoted for
Unless otherwise agreed or stated within the quote; Where applicable, any additional costs incurred to provide the service will be payable by the customer on completion of the service. Additional costs may include, but not limited to:
Unforeseen Road Tolls, London Congestion Charge, Parking, and Fines incurred following Customers Actions
Any wasted journey carried out due to inaccurate information provided by the customer i.e. incorrect flight details, incorrect addresses
When carrying out wait & return services there are some events that may require parking passes to be provided. In particular events at RIAT, Silverstone parking will need to provided as part of the booking requirements due to location accessibility for road closures in place. If parking has not been secure by the passenger then customers will be charged parking on top of what has been quoted.
Where a fine is incurred as a direct result of the passengers action then then passenger will solely be responsible for settling that fine. Examples include, but not limited to; if a driver entered a parking restricted area and incurred a fine as a result of the passenger not attending the pickup point at the requested time, or where the passenger specifically instructs the driver to set drop on double red lines.
Once the customer has approved the quote and wishes to proceed with the booking the customer agrees to our payments terms and conditions in their entirety.
All our vehicles are kept to the highest of standards in appearance, safety and legal requirements.
Our vehicles are registered for private hire use and meet the conditions and requirements enforced by the council under those licensing requirements.
We will endeavour to provide customers with the same vehicle as agreed at the time of booking. However, in the unlikely event of vehicle breakdown, repairs or other unforeseen circumstance we reverse the right to supply a replacement vehicle. In such instances, the vehicle will be a similar standard of vehicle and service.
If a replacement cannot be found the customer will be provided with a full refund of any hire fees paid for that journey.
We will make every effort to advise customers of the appropriate vehicle for their travel needs. It will remain the customers responsibility to ensure that they have checked the vehicle booked meets their luggage and passenger requirements.
We will transport a reasonable quantity of luggage accompanying Passengers. However, we will not compromise passenger safety for luggage. If, in the judgment of our chauffeur, the volume or weight of luggage is excessive for the vehicle booked, then we reserve the right to refuse to transport all or part of the luggage.
All property and luggage remain's at all times the responsibility of the customer and Passengers. We accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, to your property or luggage or those of Passengers.
If you have excessive luggage then please let us know in advance and we may be able to provide you with an additional vehicle to travel in convoy. Should additional vehicle be required to transport excess luggage then additional charges will apply.
CHILDREN IN VEHICLES:
Should any child need to be included in the transportation, the age of the children is required. It is the responsibility of the customers to provide child seating where required in accordance with the law.
We can store the child seat at no additional cost until the return journey for the customers is completed.
It remains the responsibility of the customer to ensure the welfare of any child passenger.
PASSENGRS IN VEHICLES:
We reserve the right to refuse any customer who is intoxicated or abusive to the driver. In such instances, no refunds will be provided, if payment is pending the full amount will still be due.
Where a passenger may have a disability that required specifics needs or care then we require a suitable adult to travel with them to manage any of their specific care requirements.
All passengers are to wear seatbelts whilst travelling in our vehicle in accordance with the law, unless they provide a suitable medical exemption certificate to the Chauffeur or Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd in advance of travel.
Where passengers travelling are minors which require child seats or boosters, these must be provided & fitted by the passengers themselves. Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd can however, store seats for passengers on their return journey. Where passengers are not intending on a return journey it is the passengers responsibility to arrange collection of the seats from Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd or provide onward delivery to address of their choice at additional cost.
ANIMALS IN VEHICLES:
We reserve the right to refuse the transportation of any animal, except guide or assistance animals. In instances where a guide or assistance animal is required to travel with the customer it is the responsibility of the customer to advise us of this requirement at the point of booking.
Any other need for animal transportation can be done using our luggage and consignment services. We are approved by DEFRA to transport domestic animals within the UK.
BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS:
The Booking is an offer by the customer to acquire the Services from us subject to this Agreement.
Bookings can be made via telephone or email. Emails can be made to us directly or via the enquiry form on our website contact page.
Subject to change until such time that we have received all the relevant information for the booking (e.g. name, contact details, pick up An initial quote will be sent to the customer upon request, but this may be address, destination, number passengers, number of bags and flight information where relevant).
Once the customer has approved the quote, a booking confirmation invoice will be sent to the customer. It is at this time that the customer agrees to our payment and booking terms as outlined within. It is the customers responsibility to check the contents of the itinerary contained within the invoice as that will be the confirmation. Should a discrepancy in the itinerary be identified within 24hrs of the travel date that has not been flagged by the customer, then the customer is responsible for any costs as per our normal payment terms.
The customer can make amendments to the booking up to the point of travel. We will make every effort to meet the required amendments although in some instances there may be an increase in the price to reflect the amendments requested. Should Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd be unable to fulfil the requested itinerary amendments our standard terms of cancellation would apply. Where the customer requests an amendment to the itinerary on the day additional waiting and/or admin charges will apply.
A customer may cancel a booking at any time. We offer full refunds if a cancellation is made more than 48hrs in advance of the travel date. Where the cancellation is made within 24hrs of the travel time the customer will be responsible for 100% of the booking fee. Where a cancellation is made within 48hrs and 24hrs of the travel date the customer will be responsible for 50% of the booking fee. However, we reserve the right to waive these cancellation charges where we believe extreme or unforeseen circumstances exist.
Due to the high demand for the Cheltenham Festival(TM), no refunds will be provided for cancellations are made within 48hrs of the travel date. If a booking for the Festival has been made but not yet paid for, 100% of the booking will be due even if cancelled within 48hrs hours of the travel.
If the customer has paid for a booking in full but cancelled more than 24hrs before the travel date then we will refund the required amount direct to their bank account or card in line with our cancellation terms, alternatively a credit note may be issued if the customer wishes to rebooked services at a later date. Credit notes will be valid for 12mths from the date of issue and can be used against any chauffeured services.
If the customer cancels a booking having only made a deposit or has yet to pay the full amount, and choose to cancel the booking less than 48hrs before the travel date, then they will be responsible for paying the required amount as per the cancellation terms by the due date as it will appear on the invoice.
Excluding airport arrival pickups, customer will be given a 15-minute grace waiting period to attend before further charges may be incurred. If no communication has been made, the driver will, if possible wait a maximum of two hours (if there would be no effect of subsequent bookings) for the customer to attend before leaving. However, we reserve the right to waive anything beyond30mins waiting if it could impact on other customer bookings.
We accept payment via BACS, credit card or debit card. Payment instructions will be provided within each invoice. There is no longer any surcharge for private debit or credit cards. However, payments made using corporate debit or credit card will incur a 1.5% surcharge charge and a 3% surcharge for international cards. Card payments can be made over the phone, in the vehicle or via an online secure link hosted by Stripe Inc.
Amex (American Express) cards are accepted, but only via the online secure payment provided by Stripe Inc. This link can be made available upon request.
Full payment is required in advance to secure any booking. Full payment is to be made by the due date outlined within the invoice confirmation. Should any additional charges apply to a booking following a change of itinerary these charges will be required for payment on completion of the booking by the due date recorded within the invoice.
For wedding bookings, we require full payment to be made no less than 30 days in advance of the travel date. The payment due date will be outlined within the invoice. Except where multiple vehicles are required. Where multiple vehicles are required Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd require 25% deposit to be paid immediately at point of booking to secure the booking with the remaining 75% payable no less than 30 days prior to the travel date.
Where an itinerary amendment is made within 24hrs of the travel date or on the day of travel and administration charge of £25+VAT per amendment will incur. Where additional expenses are incurred due to an itinerary amendment including, but not limited to parking charges and tolls, these will be charged to the customer.
Your booking is not secured until the payment terms have been met.
Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd reserves the right to permit pre-approved corporate accounts who will be eligible to make payment on completion of the booking as per Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd Corporate Account payment terms which are; Invoices associated with corporate accounts are to be settled in full by the due date recorded on the invoice. Bookings made on Corporate Account must be made through a pre-approved contact(s) within the authorised Company. Any bookings made by persons other than the pre-approved contact will revert to our standards terms of payment of full payment in advance. Any customer who has not been pre-authorised for a corporate account payment terms will be required to settle all fees in advance at the point of receipt of invoice. Where a Corporate Account exists it is the customers responsibility to ensure that the invoicing is addressed to the correct company addressee with which they have the authority to act on behalf of. However, the customer who approved the booking remains responsible for any costs associated to services rendered should the company addressee dispute any charge due. As on 15th May 2022 any pre-approved corporate accounts will be allowed a limited not exceeding £1000.00. Should additional bookings be required whilst there is an outstanding amount that would exceed £1000.00, all previous invoices are to be settled in full to enable further bookings to be made on account, even if that means payment is made before the invoice due date. Alternatively any new bookings will revert to our standard terms of payment in which is full payment in advance.
If payment has not been received within the terms of the invoice, interest will be added to the amount owed as per the Government guidelines. E.g. 8% interest plus bank of England base rate to be charged daily until the total owed amount is settled. If payment remains outstanding beyond a further 30 days then the additional debt recovery and late payment charges will also be added to the amount owed. If another 30 days pass without payment (90 days in total) then legal action will be sought to recover owed monies.
If a payment is made by the customer, using Debit or Credit card the statement will show the transaction as ‘Valkyrie Chauffeurs’.
If the passenger does not appear and fails to make contact with the driver at the booked time at the designated pick-up point, we reserve the right to make the full charge for the journey.
Our bookings cancellation policy reflects the availability of the vehicles in our fleet. Upon acceptance of the customers booking, we reserve the availability of the vehicle for the customer and subsequently re-fuse all other bookings for that vehicle at that time and on that date.
Where additional car parking or congestions charges are incurred, which did not form part of the original quote they will be charged at additional cost to the customer.
Any variation to the customers booking which involves extending the hire time, or mileage that has not previously been quoted for will be subject to additional charges. Our hourly rate for additional hire time or waiting is charged at £50 per hour and will commence after the first 15mins and will be rounded up to the nearest full hour. Any additional mileage will be charged at £1.16 per mile for saloon bookings and £1.40 per mile for MPV bookings. Should an amendments not result in extending the hire time or mileage (i.e. moving the pickup time forward), but occurs after the driver has commenced his/her journey to the collection point, Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd reserve the right to refuse the amendment request. Should the amendment be accepted then an additional administration charge of £25+VAT will apply. Where a pickup time has been brought forward on within 24hrs of the travel date or the day of travel, any additional waiting if applicable will be charged from that pick up time.
For inbound air travel drivers will track the flight and adjust the pickup time accordingly. No administration charges would apply for this amendment. Should the flight be delayed after the driver has started their journey then additional waiting charges may apply as per our normal waiting rate. Pricing quoted includes up to 1 hours paring for meet & greet. The customer will be responsible for any additional parking charges where applicable.
Customers are responsible for paying the full cost of repair of any damage caused to our vehicles through negligence or a deliberate act. If special cleaning of any vehicle is required because it has been left in an unreasonable state by a passenger/customer, we reserve the right to charge the cost of cleaning to that passenger/customer as well as 1-day hire of £350+VAT.
VALKYRIE LOCAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Valkyrie Local was launched in October 2020 and is operated by Valkyrie Chauffeur Ltd who is a licenced private hire operator. As a private hire operator, they are not authorised to accept any passenger travel that has not been booked in advance. To make a booking you can email, phone or use the contact booking page within the app/mobile-friendly website.
2. A booking MUST include; Number of passengers, Contact name & number for lead passenger, pick up date, pick up time, full pickup address, full destination address.
3. Upon requesting to book a Valkyrie Local service you will be sent an invoice by Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd through an accounting software called Xero. This invoice will contain the details of your booking along with a secure payment link. The invoice will contain BACS payment details as well as a secure online payment link for direct payments. Alternatively payment can be taken over the phone. The invoice will act as your booking confirmation once payment has been made and it is your (the passenger's) responsibility to ensure that the details contained within are correct. Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd will not be responsible for any inaccuracies for bookings itinerary's contained within the invoice if they have not previously be brought to Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd's attention. Depending how far in advance a booking is made you the driver contact and vehicle type may not be recorded in the invoice. Once these have been allocated nearer the booking time you will be re-sent the invoice for your records of booking confirmation.
4. Payment can be made via the online secure payment link within the invoice, via phone or BACS (relevant account details for BACS transfer will be contained within the invoice). If the booking is made shortly before travel and the payment cannot be made using the above means then payment will be taken in the vehicle (prior to travel) using a debit/credit card merchant terminal. If payment is not made upon collection at the latest, Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd reserves the right to refuse travel.
5. Cancellations and refunds are as per Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd standard T&C's.
6. Prices quoted are per journey and are based on a specific pick up time & date and itinerary provided. No waiting time is included in the Valkyrie Local service. Any delays in pickup times may impact other customers. If the passenger/s fail to make themselves available to the driver at the requested pickup time/date then the driver may leave the location and the customer will forfeit any payment made. If the customer has not yet paid for the booking, and fails to make themselves available to the driver then they will be responsible for 100% of the booking cost.
Valkyrie Local is a short distance service and is limited to travel in which the pickup location and the destination are within a 12 mile radius of Cheltenham. If either the pickup address or the destination falls outside of the 12-mile radius then you will not be able to book the Valkyrie Local service. However, you would be able to use our standard bespoke chauffeur service.
Airport transfers from non-Gloucestershire Airports, bridal cars and wait & returns will not qualify for the Valkyrie Local service.
PROMOTION / COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Bentley Upgrade (December 2018)
1. Entrants will be entered into the draw automatically following a confirmed booking being made within the month of December 2018. The booking fee must be settled in full to constitute as confirmed.
2. The winner will be selected from a draw using random selection software and will be announced on our Facebook page on 03/01/19. Details of the winner will be limited to first name and town of residence.
3. A private message will be sent to the winner.
4. The upgrade can be used against any future booking within 3mths of the draw date.
5. Upgrade excludes travel to or from Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Manchester Airports
6. If upgrade requested against a return booking then only 1 leg of the journey will be eligible for an upgrade.
7. If upgrade requested as part of a wait & return service, the journey must not exceed 200 miles.
8. There is no cash equivalent.
January 2019 Prize Draw (Samsonite Formalite Bag)
1. To be entered into the draw you must have a confirmed booking with Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd that takes place during January 2019.
2. For a booking to be confirmed, the balance must be settled in full.
3. Wedding cars bookings are excluded from the draw.
4. Separate entry for each travel date that takes place in January 2019 (e.g. if a return booking with both travel dates occurring in January 2019, then you will have 2 entries for the draw). 5. The draw will take place on the 2nd February 2019 using a random selector software.
6. Winner will be notified via private message and on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/valkyriechauffeurs). The Public announcement will be limited to the first name and town of residence for the winner.
7. This is a competition, NOT a gift. If the winning entry is awarded as a result of a corporate booking, it is the winner's responsibility to ensure they adhere to their companies internal policy relating to declaration of gifts & competition.
8. This prize is not transferable and there is no cash equivalent.
February 2019 Prize Draw (Bentley Chauffeured Service & Meal for Two)
1. Entrants must Follow the Valkyrie Chauffeurs Facebook Page & Share this post, or be travelling with Valkyrie Chauffeurs during February 2019 to be eligible.
2. Entrants will be entered into a prize draw and winner will be selected at random on 01/03/19.
3. Winner will be notified via private message & announced on Facbook page.
4. Chauffeured service will be a wait and return service (limited to 3hr, any additional waiting will be charged at £25ph).
5. Chauffeured service comes with 50 complimentary miles. Any additional mileage will be charged at £2 per mile.
6. Travel date can occur any time within 2019, but the prize must be redeemed within 60 days of the competition result.
7. Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd must be given no less than 5 working days notice of travel date and will be subject to availability.
8. A £50 administration fee will be required for cancellation or re-scheduling of travel date where there is less than 48hrs notice given.
9. £100.00 cash will be provided to the winner at the point of collection on the date of travel.
10. The winner is responsible for securing a restaurant reservation at the location of their choice.
11. No cash equivalent to this competition.
12. Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd reserves the right to change the vehicle should the Bentley be unavailable on the date requested.
13. Valkyrie Chauffeurs reserves the right to amend the terms of the competition or remove the competition at any point.
March 2019 Prize Draw (Northface Rolling Thunder Bag)
1. Entrants must Follow the Valkyrie Chauffeurs Facebook Page & Share this post, or be travelling with Valkyrie Chauffeurs during March 2019 to be eligible.
2. Entrants will be entered into a prize draw and winner will be selected at random on 01/04/19.
3. Winner will be notified via private message & announced on Facbook page.
4. No cash equivalent to this competition.
5. Valkyrie Chauffeurs reservse the right to amend the terms of the competition or remove the competition at any point.