TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is the Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd website ("Website") which is owned by Nathan Bickerdyke, a sole trader located in England registered office at Tewkesbury, GL20 7SF.
We offer a core service of 'chauffeured travel', which is broken down into four areas of business, Wedding chauffeur hire, Travel & Custom chauffeur hire (Airport transfers, seaport transfers, Special Occasions, Proms, Sporting Events, School Transport), Long term driver only services and Luggage & consignment transport. These are defined as our services and our website goes into further detail about each of our services.
By using this Website you acknowledge that you have read and you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions found herein.
Nothing in our terms and conditions affects the customer's statutory rights.
PERFORMANCE OF SERVICE:
We aim to perform our service to the highest of standards. Please contact us if you have any complaints or concerns about the level of service you have received from your Chauffeur.
Our chauffeurs are licensed private hire drivers and have a high standard of experience in driving.
Our chauffeurs will be dressed in a suit and tie at all times, unless otherwise instructed by the customer.
Our Chauffeurs will use their judgment to drive at speeds within the legal limit and what are considered suitable to the prevailing road type and conditions, the customer should not ask them to exceed speed limits.
Our chauffeurs review and pre-plan their routes in advance of the pickup and use in-car Satellite Navigation systems with live traffic updates. In some instances, where a traffic delay is known in advance, recommendations may be made to depart earlier than scheduled to avoid lengthy delays. Our chauffeurs may use any route to a destination that in their opinion is the best and most convenient route, whether or not it is actually the shortest route.
We will, where requested, advise customers of recommended pickup times based on knowledge of routes and expected traffic. But it will remain the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they have allowed themselves sufficient time to reach their destination by the expected time.
Whilst our Chauffeur will take every precaution to arrive at the destination on time, we cannot be held responsible for loss or inconvenience from delays and prolonged journeys due to circumstances beyond their control (e.g. traffic, adverse weather conditions etc)
Our chauffeurs understand that our customers should travel without disturbance, and will take every precaution to ensure that mobile phones, Satellite navigation systems and any other electrical devices are on silent.
Our chauffeur will turn off the in-car radio, other less instructed otherwise by the customer.
For every airport transfer, our chauffeurs provide a meet & greet service. TO assist with this our chauffeurs require inbound flight information for any transport to UK based airports. This is to enable our chauffeurs to track the flight and factor in any delays to limit any additional parking charges. Where our customers are travelling first class from Heathrow we will provide the vehicle registration and driver information for the arrival suite. On the customer's arrival at the airport, if not prior arrangement has been made, can contact the chauffeur who will meet you and assist you to the nearby vehicle.
Our chauffeurs reserve the right to refuse entry to our vehicles to anyone who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour poses a threat to the safety of the driver, the vehicle or other passengers within the vehicle. We further reserve the right to terminate any journey due to unreasonable or improper behaviour by any passenger.
PRICE OF SERVICE:
The price for the services is as set out in the booking, subject to amendment in accordance with this agreement.
If a fixed price for services has been agreed, this may be increased by an amount in accordance with our standard hourly rate at the relevant time for any delay or increase in the agreed hire period in the following circumstances:
- Any delay caused by the customer or any passenger for any reason.
- Any delay caused by severe traffic, congestion, accidents, weather conditions or any other cause outside our reasonable control.
- Airport collection delays, where flight delay information has only been reported after the chauffeur has set out on his journey to the airport.
- Any amount due from delays will be added to, and form part of the price.
Unless otherwise agreed the price stated is exclusive of the following which will
be payable in addition where applicable:
- Unforeseen Road Tolls, London Congestion Charge, or additional expenses such as parking
- Any wasted journey carried out due to inaccurate information provided by the customer i.e. incorrect flight details, incorrect addresses
All our vehicles are kept to the highest of standards in appearance, safety and legal requirements.
Our vehicles are registered for private hire use and meet the conditions and requirements enforced by the council under those licensing requirements.
We will endeavour to provide customers with the same vehicle as agreed at the time of booking. However, in the unlikely event of vehicle breakdown, repairs or other unforeseen circumstance we reverse the right to supply a replacement vehicle. In such instances, the vehicle will be a similar standard of vehicle and service.
If a replacement cannot be found the customer will be provided with a full refund of any hire fees paid for that journey.
We will make every effort to advise customers of the appropriate vehicle for their travel needs. It will remain the customers responsibility to ensure that they have checked the vehicle booked meets their luggage and passenger requirements.
We will transport a reasonable quantity of luggage accompanying Passengers. If however, in the judgment of our chauffeur, the volume or weight of luggage is excessive, then we reserve the right to refuse to transport all or part of the luggage.
All property and luggage remain's at all times the responsibility of the customer and Passengers. We accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, to your property or luggage or those of Passengers.
Our luggage assistance service can be provided to customers travelling with excessive luggage. Our vehicles for luggage & consignment transport are insured for courier use.
CHILDREN IN VEHICLES:
Should any child need to be included in the transportation, the age of the children is required. It is the responsibility of the customers to provide child seating where required in accordance with the law.
We can store the child seat at no additional cost until the return journey for the customers is completed.
It remains the responsibility of the customer to ensure the welfare of any child passenger.
ANIMALS IN VEHICLES:
We reserve the right to refuse the transportation of any animal, except guide or assistance animals. In instances where a guide or assistance animal is required to travel with the customer it is the responsibility of the customer to advise us of this requirement at the point of booking.
Any other need for animal transportation can be done using our luggage and consignment services. We are approved by DEFRA to transport domestic animals within the UK.
BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS:
FOR PAYMENT & CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19 PLEASE SEE OUR COVID-19 POLICY
The Booking is an offer by the customer to acquire the Services from us subject to this Agreement.
Bookings can be made via telephone or email. Emails can be made to us directly or via the enquiry form on our website contact page.
subject to change until such time that we have received all the relevant information for the booking (e.g. name, contact details, pick up An initial quote will be sent to the customer upon request, but this may be address, destination, number passengers, number of bags and flight information where relevant).
Once the customer has approved the quote, a booking confirmation invoice will be sent to the customer.
The customer can make amendments to the booking up to the point of travel. We will make every effort to meet the required amendments although in some instances there may be an increase in the price to reflect the amendments requested.
A customer may cancel a booking at any time. We offer full refunds if a cancellation is made more than 48hrs in advance of the travel date. Where the cancellation is made within 24hrs of the travel time the customer will be responsible for 100% of the booking fee. Where a cancellation is made within 48hrs and 24hrs of the travel date the customer will be responsible for 50% of the booking fee. However, we reserve the right to waive these cancellation charges where we believe extreme or unforeseen circumstances exist.
Due to the high demand for the Cheltenham Festival(TM), no refunds will be provided for if cancellations are made within 48hrs of the travel date. If a booking for the Festival has been made but not yet paid for, 100% of the booking will be due even if cancelled within 48hrs hours of the travel.
If the customer has paid for a booking in full but cancelled more than 24hrs before the travel date then we will refund the required amount direct to their bank account or card in line with our cancellation terms.
If the customer cancels a booking having only made a deposit or have yet to pay the full amount and choose to cancel the booking less than 48hrs before the travel date, then they will be responsible for paying the required amount as per the cancellation terms by the due date as it will appear on the invoice.
For non-airport collections, the customer will be given a 15-minute grace waiting period to attend before charges may be incurred. If no communication has been made our chauffeurs will wait a maximum of two hours for the customer to attend before leaving. However, we reserve the right to waive anything beyond a 30-minute wait if it will mean delays to other customer bookings.
In instances where the customer has booked the luggage and consignment services, it will be the responsibility of the customer to advise on any specific handling instructions.
We accept payment via BACS, credit card or debit card. Payment instructions will be provided within each invoice. There is no longer any surcharge for private debit or credit cards. However, payments made using corporate debit or credit card will incur a 1.5% surcharge charge and a 3% surcharge for international cards. Card payments can be made over the phone, in the vehicle or via an online secure link hosted by Stripe Inc.
Amex (American Express) cards are accepted, but only via the online secure payment provided by Stripe Inc. This link can be made available upon request.
Where the customer has a pre-approved corporate account they will be invoiced for payment upon completion of the journey. Invoices associated with corporate accounts are to be settled 30 days from the date of the invoice. Any company who has not been pre-authorised for a corporate account will be required to settle all fees at the point of receipt of invoice.
For wedding bookings, we require 25% deposit to be paid as soon as possible to secure the booking. The remaining 75% is payable 14 days prior to the travel date.
Your booking is not secured until the payment terms have been met.
If payment has not been received within the terms of the invoice, interest will be added to the amount owed as per the Government guidelines. E.g. 8% interest plus bank of England base rate to be charged daily until the total owed amount is settled. If payment remains outstanding beyond a further 30 days then the additional debt recovery and late payment charges will also be added to the amount owed. If another 30 days pass without payment (90 days in total) then legal action will be sought to recover owed monies.
If a payment is made by the customer, using Debit or Credit card the statement will show the transaction as ‘Valkyrie Chauffeurs’.
If the passenger does not appear and fails to make contact with the driver at the booked time at the designated pick-up point, we reserve the right to make the full charge for the journey.
Our bookings cancellation policy reflects the availability of the vehicles in our fleet. Upon acceptance of the customers booking, we reserve the availability of the vehicle for the customer and subsequently refuse all other bookings for that vehicle at that time and on that date.
Where additional car parking or congestions charges are incurred, which did not form part of the original quote they will be charged at cost.
Any variation to the journey which involves extra time, or mileage that has not previously been quoted for may be subject to additional charges. Our Bentley waiting is charged at £40 per hour and £1.00 per mile. Our Mercedes S-Class waiting is charged at £25 per hour and £0.50 pence per mile.
We reserve the right to refuse any customer who is intoxicated or abusive to the driver. In such instances, no refunds will be provided, if payment is pending the full amount will still be due.
Customers are responsible for paying the full cost of repair of any damage caused to our vehicles through negligence or a deliberate act. If special cleaning of any vehicle is required because it has been left in an unreasonable state by a passenger/customer, we reserve the right to charge the cost of cleaning to that passenger/customer as well as 1-day hire of £250+VAT.
PROMOTION / COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Bentley Upgrade (December 2018)
1. Entrants will be entered into the draw automatically following a confirmed booking being made within the month of December 2018. The booking fee must be settled in full to constitute as confirmed.
2. The winner will be selected from a draw using random selection software and will be announced on our Facebook page on 03/01/19. Details of the winner will be limited to first name and town of residence.
3. A private message will be sent to the winner.
4. The upgrade can be used against any future booking within 3mths of the draw date.
5. Upgrade excludes travel to or from Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Manchester Airports
6. If upgrade requested against a return booking then only 1 leg of the journey will be eligible for an upgrade.
7. If upgrade requested as part of a wait & return service, the journey must not exceed 200 miles.
8. There is no cash equivalent.
January 2019 Prize Draw (Samsonite Formalite Bag)
1. To be entered into the draw you must have a confirmed booking with Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd that takes place during January 2019.
2. For a booking to be confirmed, the balance must be settled in full.
3. Wedding cars bookings are excluded from the draw.
4. Separate entry for each travel date that takes place in January 2019 (e.g. if a return booking with both travel dates occurring in January 2019, then you will have 2 entries for the draw). 5. The draw will take place on the 2nd February 2019 using a random selector software.
6. Winner will be notified via private message and on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/valkyriechauffeurs). The Public announcement will be limited to the first name and town of residence for the winner.
7. This is a competition, NOT a gift. If the winning entry is awarded as a result of a corporate booking, it is the winner's responsibility to ensure they adhere to their companies internal policy relating to declaration of gifts & competition.
8. This prize is not transferable and there is no cash equivalent.
February 2019 Prize Draw (Bentley Chauffeured Service & Meal for Two)
1. Entrants must Follow the Valkyrie Chauffeurs Facebook Page & Share this post, or be travelling with Valkyrie Chauffeurs during February 2019 to be eligible.
2. Entrants will be entered into a prize draw and winner will be selected at random on 01/03/19.
3. Winner will be notified via private message & announced on Facbook page.
4. Chauffeured service will be a wait and return service (limited to 3hr, any additional waiting will be charged at £25ph).
5. Chauffeured service comes with 50 complimentary miles. Any additional mileage will be charged at £2 per mile.
6. Travel date can occur any time within 2019, but the prize must be redeemed within 60 days of the competition result.
7. Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd must be given no less than 5 working days notice of travel date and will be subject to availability.
8. A £50 administration fee will be required for cancellation or re-scheduling of travel date where there is less than 48hrs notice given.
9. £100.00 cash will be provided to the winner at the point of collection on the date of travel.
10. The winner is responsible for securing a restaurant reservation at the location of their choice.
11. No cash equivalent to this competition.
12. Valkyrie Chauffeurs Ltd reserves the right to change the vehicle should the Bentley be unavailable on the date requested.
13. Valkyrie Chauffeurs reserves the right to amend the terms of the competition or remove the competition at any point.
March 2019 Prize Draw (Northface Rolling Thunder Bag)
1. Entrants must Follow the Valkyrie Chauffeurs Facebook Page & Share this post, or be travelling with Valkyrie Chauffeurs during March 2019 to be eligible.
2. Entrants will be entered into a prize draw and winner will be selected at random on 01/04/19.
3. Winner will be notified via private message & announced on Facbook page.
4. No cash equivalent to this competition.
5. Valkyrie Chauffeurs reservse the right to amend the terms of the competition or remove the competition at any point.